By Allison B. Kaufman,James C. Kaufman
Animal Creativity and Innovation explores theories and learn on animal innovation and creativity, evaluating and contrasting it with thought and learn on human creativity and innovation. In doing so, it encompasses findings from psychology, biology, neuroscience, engineering, company, ecology, and education. The publication contains examples of animal innovation in parrots, canine, marine mammals, bugs, and primates, exploring parallels from inventive play in children. The publication defines creativity, differentiating it from play, and appears at evolutionary types and neurological constructs. The ebook extra explores utilized features of animal innovation and creativity together with device use and workforce dynamics, in addition to boundaries to creativity. the ultimate chapters look at how artistic habit will be taught or trained. each one bankruptcy is via a statement for integration of innovations and concepts among animal and human examine, behavioral and cognitive study, and concept and remark in actual life.
- Compares concept and learn on animal and human creativity
- Defines and differentiates creativity from play
- Reviews utilized creativity in device use and social dynamics
- Includes examples of animal creativity in a number of species
Read Online or Download Animal Creativity and Innovation (Explorations in Creativity Research) PDF
Similar social psychology & interactions books
This paintings is an outline of vulnerabilities that support account for plenty of of the intense difficulties dealing with modern society in industrialized nations, together with excessive charges of crime; homelessness; alcohol, tobacco, and different drug addictions; and a breakdown of the mental feel of group.
Regardless of common acknowledgment that either own and situational components impact habit, researchers within the region of social impression were sluggish to ascertain person transformations of their paintings. certainly, social impact investigators frequently aspect to their findings to demonstrate the facility of situational variables relative to non-public motives of habit.
First released in 1982. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
In recent times, a growing to be box of empathy reports has began to emerge from a number of educational disciplines, together with neuroscience, social psychology, and philosophy. simply because literature performs a critical function in discussions of empathy throughout disciplines, reconsidering how literature pertains to "feeling with" others is essential to rethinking empathy conceptually.
- Beyond Rationality: The Search for Wisdom in a Troubled Time
- The Social Psychology of Morality (Sydney Symposium of Social Psychology)
- The Oxford Handbook of Human Motivation (Oxford Library of Psychology)
- Consumer Behaviour and Economic Growth in the Modern Economy (RLE Consumer Behaviour): Volume 2 (Routledge Library Editions: Consumer Behaviour)
- Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science of the Mind, Fifth Edition
- Toward a Socially Responsible Psychology for a Global Era (International and Cultural Psychology)
Additional info for Animal Creativity and Innovation (Explorations in Creativity Research)
Animal Creativity and Innovation (Explorations in Creativity Research) by Allison B. Kaufman,James C. Kaufman