By Thomas K. Hubbard
A spouse to Greek and Roman Sexualities provides a finished selection of unique essays with regards to elements of gender and sexuality within the classical world.
- Views some of the practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in every one bankruptcy, with sensitivity to the continuities and variations among the 2 classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical impact at the figuring out of later a long time and religion
- Covers inventive and literary genres, quite a few social environments of sexual behavior, and the technical disciplines of drugs, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from greater than forty best foreign scholars
Read or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar psychology of sexuality books
'There are extra questions than solutions during this publication - questions which are vital and may proceed to intrigue us. This publication can be had to remind us of the various critiques and to aid us create tomorrow's theories. Human adventure can't be diminished to sexuality, yet there's sexuality in every thing human.
"Scott Harms Rose takes up questions about intimacy between homosexual males, which even in those post-postmodern instances isn't really a well-traveled topic . .. The exploration of the topics' feel of masculinity, and in their relationships with their fathers and with romantic companions in maturity, sheds mild at the interaction of id and courting because it performs out for homosexual males in a heterosexist atmosphere .
During this pioneering, nonobjective examine, a individual Black sexologist tackles the most arguable facets of yankee race relatives. the topic of Black sexuality has been generally mentioned in each attainable renowned layout for the prior 400 years, but severe scholarship within the region is missing.
Carme Sánchez es sexóloga y hace más de veinte años que atiende pacientes en su consulta. l. a. mayoría son mujeres con una experiencia común: no consiguen disfrutar del sexo. En El sexo que queremos las mujeres l. a. autora recoge casos reales y desarrolla un concepto clave: el sexo es un juego, el juego de los adultos.
- Life, Sex and Death: Selected Writings of William Gillespie (The New Library of Psychoanalysis)
- Red Love Across the Pacific: Political and Sexual Revolutions of the Twentieth Century
- Beiträge zur Psychologie des Liebeslebens (German Edition)
- Applying Care Ethics to Business: 34 (Issues in Business Ethics)
- Sexuality and Society: An Introduction
Additional info for A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Thomas K. Hubbard